Dr. Martin SpiroOptometrist
Dr. Martin Spiro completed his Doctorate of Optometry at the University of Montreal in 2014, and received the Optometric Association’s prestigious Student of the Year award. As a native West Islander, Dr. Spiro is thrilled to be a part of the Optika team and serve the community. He brings with him a passion for eye care excellence working with patients of all ages.
- Doctorate of Optometry
- McGill University, Bachelor of Science
- Expert spokesperson on children’s vision and screen time recommendations; appearing on CBC, CJAD800, RDI, Radio Canada, CBC Radio
- National board representative of Quebec for the Canadian Association of Optometrists
- Montreal board representative and low vision committee chair for the Quebec Association of Optometrists
- Allergan Society prize of excellence for clinical research
- Named one of Canada’s "Top 40 Optometrists Under 40" by Johnson & Johnson
Along with a fulfilling practice at Optika, Dr. Spiro shares his time working with patients suffering from visual impairment at the Montreal Association of the Blind (MAB-Mackay). A passionate teacher, Dr. Spiro is also a clinical educator at the University of Montreal School of Optometry, and is the co-founder of Opto-Connecte: a mentoring organization for young optometrists and optometry students. Dr. Spiro has collaborated in humanitarian efforts in travels to South America.
Dr. Spiro is an outdoor enthusiast, an avid cyclist, and marathon runner. Although his run playlists are mostly filled with a good mix of New Orleans style jazz and classic rock, he is a fan of all types of music and enjoys taking advantage of Montreal’s dynamic music scene.