Dr. Marie-Claude ProvostOptometrist
Marie-Claude Provost has been an owner of the clinic since 1994. In 2003 she and her associate, Dr Marie-Jose Caron, became the co-founders of Optika Eye Care Center. Dr Provost takes great pride in the dynamic team that surrounds her. She is passionate, devoted and constantly driven by her intellectual curiosity.
- Member of the disciplinary committee of the Order of Optometrist of Quebec since 2004.
- Winner of the 2015 Award of Excellence for her passion, and dynamic involvement in her Optical Buying Group.
- 2010-2015 Conferences on functional vision and visual needs related to learning disabilities.
- 1990-1995 Clinician, Orthoptics Clinic at the school of optometry at the University of Montreal.
- 1988 Award of Excellence in visual re-education (Orthoptics).
- 1988 Doctorate of Optometry from University of Montreal.
- Has a particular interest in eye examinations for children and infants as well as functional vision
- Neuro-optometry and concussions.
- Her practice also includes adult and senior eye examinations: an optometrist for the whole family
Dr. Nathalie TrottierOptometrist
Nathalie Trottier has been part of the Optika family since her graduation in 2009. Two years later she became an associate and developed a particular expertise in specialty contact lenses and orthokeratology.
- 2010-2017 Clinician in Contact Lenses Clinic at the University of Montreal
- 2010 Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry (FAAO)
- 2010 Certificate of Residency in contact lenses and anterior segment
- 2009 Student of the Year Award from the Quebec Association of Optometrists
- 2009 Doctorate of Optometry from the University of Montreal
Dr. Anne-Josée GauthierOptometrist
Dr Anne-Josée Gauthier joined the Optika team in 2013. As a West Island native and appreciative of the warm family atmosphere at Optika, Dr Gauthier chose to become an associate at this clinic and has been a co-owner since 2016. She hopes to enjoy a long career working to address the diverse needs of patients of all ages.
- 2018 Hélène Rodrigue Bursary for the promotion of the private practice of optometry
- 2014 Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry (FAAO)
- 2014 Certificate of Residence in contact lenses and corneal physiology
- 2013 Jean-Louis Blanchard Bursary, for implication in the field of contact lenses
- 2013 Doctorate of Optometry from the University of Montreal
Dr. Martin SpiroOptometrist
Dr. Martin Spiro completed his Doctorate of Optometry at the University of Montreal in 2014, and received the Optometric Association’s prestigious Student of the Year award. As a native West Islander, Dr. Spiro is thrilled to be a part of the Optika team and serve the community. He brings with him a passion for eye care excellence working with patients of all ages.
- Doctorate of Optometry
- McGill University, Bachelor of Science
- Expert spokesperson on children’s vision and screen time recommendations; appearing on CBC, CJAD800, RDI, Radio Canada, CBC Radio
- National board representative of Quebec for the Canadian Association of Optometrists
- Montreal board representative and low vision committee chair for the Quebec Association of Optometrists
- Allergan Society prize of excellence for clinical research
- Named one of Canada’s "Top 40 Optometrists Under 40" by Johnson & Johnson
Dr. Mariko HamelOptometrist
Dr. Mariko Hamel began her career at Optika in 2017. With her welcoming personality and her extensive knowledge in various fields of optometry, she strives to offer the best ocular care to patients of the West Island.
- 2017 Doctorate of Optometry at the University of Montreal
- 2015 Student Fellowship at the American Academy of Optometry in New Orleans, Louisiana
- 2015 VOSH humanitarian trip to Lima, Peru to offer free eye exams
- 2015 Internship at the Fier Eye Care & Surgery Center in Florida
Dr. Marie-Josée CaronOptometrist
Cofounder of Optika Eye Care Center with Dr Provost, Dr Caron previously practiced in Beaconsfield with optometrist Dr Lorne Hart, from 1991-1997. She enjoys being involved in the West island community.
- Since 2005 Internship supervisor for the Quebec Order of Optometrists
- 1992 to 2000 Clinician in Binocular Vision at the University of Montreal - School of Optometry
- 1991 Doctorate of Optometry from the University of Montreal
- 1990 Award of Academic Excellence
- Family Practice, from grand-parents to grand-children
- Co-management of cataract surgery and refractive surgery
- Continued training in optometry
Dr. Micheline ChiassonOptometrist
Dr. Chiasson obtained her doctorate of optometry (OD) from the University of Montreal and practices with the wonderful team at Optika since 2015.
- Prize for Excellence in contact lenses at the University of Montreal
- Permit to prescribe medication for therapeutic purposes
- Multiple trainings/workshops done in the field of optometry
- A diversified practice ranging from pediatric vision to geriatrics (complete eye exams, dilated fundus exams, diabetes, dry eye, etc.)
- Screening for ocular diseases, contact lens fittings, ocular emergencies (infections, irritation, foreign objects)
Dr. Cassandra LasryOptometrist
Dr. Ariana Arambulo CevallosOptometrist
Dr. Arambulo joined the Optika team right after graduating in 2021. She then developed an expertise in community eye health, which led her to become a clinician for the mobile clinic Regard Collectif at the School of Optometry of University of Montreal, and to participate in numerous local and international humanitarian missions.
- 2022: Residency Certificate in Community Optometry
- 2022: Recipient of the World Council of Optometry’s scholarship for completing a long-term teaching internship in Pereira, Colombia.
- 2021-present: Clinical director for Special Olympics Quebec’ Opening Eyes Clinic, a vision screening clinic for athletes living with intellectual disabilities.
- 2021: Doctor of Optometry degree at the University of Montreal
- 2018: American Academy of Optometry Student Fellowship
- Speaks fluent Spanish, French and English. Her next goal: Quebec Sign Language and Italian!
- Loves Latin dance and music!
Dr. Véronique SmallOptometrist
Dr Véronique Small completed her Doctor of Optometry degree at the University of Montreal and continues her training as a Community eye care resident.
- Doctor of Optometry degree (OD)
- Minor in Biological Sciences
- Recipient of an award from the School of Optometry for social and community involvement