In order to welcome you back in a safe environment, we have implemented new hygiene protocols as well as changed the configuration of our clinic to respect the recommendations of the government and the Order of Optometrists of Quebec. Your new experience at Optika Eye Care Center will be different in the following ways:
- Triage station at the entrance with symptoms questionnaire and hand hygiene
- Plexiglass barriers at the reception, at the sales tables in the glasses dispensary, and on the equipment in the exam rooms
- Alleviated exam schedules to better control patient flow
- Well-trained staff that are properly distanced from each other and equipped with masks and face shields
- Regular disinfection of equipment, points of contact with patients, and surfaces in common areas
Patients with symptoms of fever, cough, difficulty breathing or loss of smell, who have traveled outside the country in the past 3 weeks, who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are in close proximity to someone with one of these criteria cannot be accepted. If any of these criteria apply to you and you have an ocular emergency, please direct yourself to a hospital.
To better serve you whilst maintaining adequate social distancing measures, we ask for your cooperation with the following directives:
- Make an appointment before coming to see us for a frame selection, glasses delivery, lens cutting, or frame adjustment
- Make an appointment for all exams (annual, follow-up, emergency) before coming to the clinic
- Arrive at the clinic with a mask
- If you are coming for an appointment with your optometrist, we ask that you arrive wearing a medical mask. If you do not have one, we will provide you one at our triage station at the entrance.
- All children aged 2 and up will be asked to wear a mask as well.
- Upon arrival, we ask that you stay in the triage area at the entrance to disinfect your hands and to wait for assistance to answer screening questions. If someone is already at the entrance, we ask that you wait outside.
- If possible, come unaccompanied to your appointment, or ask that the person you are with stay in the car during your visit. Please note that if it is necessary to be accompanied (ex. for a child), 1 person may come in with them. The person that is accompanying will be subject to the same triage measures as the patient.
- For broken glasses, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of the broken glasses, so that we may evaluate how we can proceed
We invite you to give us a call to book your next appointment with us.
Please note that you can also continue to renew your soft contact lens supply directly through our website. Your order will be shipped to your home at no extra cost.
We also ask that you fill out our online pre-exam questionnaire before your eye examination. The purpose of this questionnaire is to offer you a more personalised experience and to optimize patient flow in the clinic.
We thank you in advance for your understanding. Whilst doing everything we can to answer all your ocular-visual needs, we are all still learning to adapt to this new rhythm of practice and safety as well.
We hope that you and your family continue to stay safe, that remains what is most important to us. 🌈